Consortium processes and procedures
The AdsML Consortium operates according to formal processes and procedures defined by its foundational documents.
- AdsML Consortium Charter. This document describes the mission, vision, scope, objectives and deliverables for the AdsML Consortium in accordance with the AdsML Process Document.
- AdsML Process Document. This document describes the membership rules and all the internal regulations and procedures for the AdsML Consortium.
- Process Working Group Charter. This document describes the deliverables, milestones, lifecycle and meeting schedule of the Working Group chartered to define the internal regulations and procedures of the AdsML Consortium.
- MarCom Working Group Charter. This document describes the deliverables, milestones, lifecycle and meeting schedule of the Working Group chartered to deliver the marketing and communication activities of the AdsML Consortium.
- Technical Working Group Charter. This document describes the deliverables, milestones, lifecycle and meeting schedule of the Working Group chartered to develop the technical deliverables of the AdsML Consortium.
Consortium meeting schedule
The Consortium holds regular meetings, meeting face-to-face at least twice a year.
Working Groups hold regular working sessions, working by email, teleconference and face-to-face meetings throughout the year. The frequency of Working Group meetings is dictated by the scale of their current activities.
AdsML standards approval process
AdsML specifications are based on formally gathered requirements and developed according to a formal Standards Approval Process defined in the Consortium’s Process Document.
Specifications and technical documents can be published in the following stages of maturity,
- Working Draft. A Working Draft generally represents work in progress and a commitment by AdsML to pursue work in a particular area. The label “Working Draft” does not imply consensus within AdsML about the document.
- Last Call Working Draft. A Working Draft in Last Call is a special instance of a Working Draft that is considered by the Working Group to meet the requirements of its Charter. It is published to solicit review from at least all dependent Working Groups and other interested parties. The Consortium must approve the advancement of a Working Draft to a Last Call stage. The duration of the Last Call review period is listed in the status section of the document.
- Proposed Specification. A Proposed Specification is a stable Working Draft that the Consortium has proposed to the community for implementation experience and feedback.
- Approved Specification. An Approved Specification reflects consensus within AdsML, as represented by approval from the Consortium. The Consortium considers that the ideas or technology specified by an Approved Specification are appropriate for widespread deployment and promote AdsML’s mission.